Imagine being able confidently to express your opinion, stand up for yourself, say 'no' when you need to and say what you mean and mean what you say. How much more effective and successful would you be? How much easier would your life be? Becoming more assertive can be immensely beneficial to everyone and can make you feel more confident, enhance your self-esteem, increase your ability to deal with difficult people and stressful situations, as well as making you happier, healthier and more professional.
By the end of this course, participants will obtain a greater understanding of:
- The meaning of assertiveness and how it differs from passive, aggressive and manipulative behaviour
- Becoming familiar with their workplace and personal rights and how to assert them
- How to have more confidence
- Learning a variety of assertiveness skills, tools and techniques and know when to apply them
- Improving their communication skills; including effective listening, questioning, body language and rapport building
- Learning how to say no
Authored by: Simon Horton
Simon is a highly experienced trainer with many years experience of running personal development programmes at a host of blue-chip organisations. He began his career at Cap Gemini and, in 1989, left to work as a freelance management consultant, working mainly in the financial services sector. Simon also runs NLP certification courses to Master Practitioner level and presents regularly at NLP conferences.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date