Change is inevitable. Disruptive technologies, globalisation, ever-increasing competition and uncertainties in the political and economic contexts all result in change upon change to the organisations in which we work.
It is quite natural to fear change and want to cling on to the security of the status quo - change can be difficult and stressful and it can cause us a lot of anxiety. But it doesn't need to be that way. Change can also bring opportunities of which we can take advantage: progress and growth on individual, organisational and societal levels all come from change.
This course looks at positive responses to change so that the individual and the organisation can prosper through change and use it to their advantage.
By the end of this course, participants will obtain a greater understanding of:
- The realities of change
- Recognising the different stages of the change process and the different ways people respond
- Choosing their own most useful response to change
- Communicating clearly to all other people involved in the process
- Pre-empting and prepare for change
- Developing creative solutions and plan an effective strategy for dealing with change
- Dealing with fears and limiting beliefs and manage the stresses and emotions that arise during periods of change.
Authored by: Simon Horton
Simon is a highly experienced trainer with many years experience of running personal development programmes at a host of blue-chip organisations. He began his career at Cap Gemini and, in 1989, left to work as a freelance management consultant, working mainly in the financial services sector. Simon also runs NLP certification courses to Master Practitioner level and presents regularly at NLP conferences.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date