Skilful delegation is one of the most important management skills and yet it is notoriously difficult for managers to crack. When done well, the benefits are huge for the manager, the employee delegated to and for the organisation as a whole.
It enables staff to learn and grow, frees up the manager's time to enable them to take on new responsibilities and finds the most efficient and cost-effective use of the organisation's resources.
By the end of this course, participants will obtain a greater understanding of:
- When and how to delegate and who to delegate to
- What stops them from delegating and learn effective solutions for each
- Accurately measuring each individual's suitability for a job
- Devising a delegation plan appropriate to the individual's level of readiness
- Geting the right balance of supervision for each individual without being too intrusive
- Communicating the task so the employee delegated to knows exactly what is expected and is motivated to take it on
- Developing a stronger, more cohesive and productive team
- Growing their staff's capability and therefore increase the capacity of the team
- Getting the job done in the most efficient and cost-effective way for the organisation
- Freeing up time to take on higher value tasks for themselves
Authored by: Simon Horton
Simon is a highly experienced trainer with many years experience of running personal development programmes at a host of blue-chip organisations. He began his career at Cap Gemini and, in 1989, left to work as a freelance management consultant, working mainly in the financial services sector. Simon also runs NLP certification courses to Master Practitioner level and presents regularly at NLP conferences.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date