The following course looks at IAS 1, Presentation. This is a basic standard containing important questions about the main financial statements required for reporting under International Financial Reporting Standards.
By the end of this course, participants will obtain a greater understanding of:
- The scope of the IAS 1 standard
- The important definitions within the standard
- Initial recognition of measurement in the financial statements
- The required entities to produce the 4 main statements:
- The Statement of Financial Position
- The Statement of Comprehensive Income
- The Statement of Changes in Equity
- The Statement of Cash Flows
- The notes to the financial statements
Authored by: Christopher Nobes BA, PhD, FCCA
Professor of Accounting at Royal Holloway, University of London. Professor Nobes was UK representative on the Board of the International Accounting Standards Committee from 1993 to 2001. He is vice-chairman of the accounting working group of the Fédération des Experts Comptables Européens. He is the author of twelve books including the FT Reports Interpreting French Company Reports and German Accounting Explained.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date