Wherever we look, change is constant through app development, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Blockchain and more recently social distancing and homeworking.
This course will provide delegates with a better understanding of the change process and models that will help them deliver change successfully in the future and develop a culture within their organisation that embraces change.
This course considers a variety of change models and approaches that will help you deliver change successfully in the future and develop an organisation that sees change as an opportunity to progress, rather than a threat to be avoided.
We are living in what has been termed a VUCA world – Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous. As managers we therefore need to not only cope with change but embrace it and develop the skills to implement those changes successfully. Looking forward we need to cultivate a culture within our organisation and our staff, that relishes change – seeing it as a way to progress rather than a threat to established ways.
During this on-line course you will get a better understanding of the process of change, the impact of change, why there is resistance to change (and how to overcome it) and how to build a culture that embraces change in the future.
This course is therefore for all managers and leaders. It is particularly relevant for Project Managers for whom embedding changes is the barrier to project success.
On completion of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- The causes of change within an organisation
- The process of change
- Resistance to change – where it comes from and how to deal with it
- How to create a culture that embraces change through celebrating innovation
- Making change work through stakeholder management and getting staff buy in
- Managing change through to a successful and lasting conclusion
- Why change management is so important for success
- Levels of change in an organisation and the domino effect
- Root cause analysis – where does the need for change come from?
- Change models such as Lewin, Kubler-Ross’ Change cycle and the change curve
- Why people are naturally resistant to change and how to help them contribute to and accept change as the norm
- Changing hearts and minds by engaging the key change agents or change masters
Authored by: Andy Wilkes
Andy is a qualified accountant and trainer and has been delivering the highest quality training courses for over 20 years. In his previous roles in business he was the Change Manager for several large IT projects. He has had a varied career which has spanned the public and private sectors even running his own successful business for the last 10 years. Andy rejoined BPP as a Programme Manager in February 2020.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date