With the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) due to come into force in May 2018 now is the time to consider what needs to be done in order to prepare for the new rules.
This course summarises the key contents of the General Data Protection Regulation and explains what the key changes are and what needs to be done in response to them.
By the end of this course, participants will obtain a greater understanding of:
- The wide application of the GDPR rules
- The new rules relating to ‘accountability’ and be aware what steps need to be taken to comply with these
- Describing the new rules relating to consent and consider other alternative means of justifying the processing of personal data
- The changes made to data subjects’ rights
- The circumstances in which a data protection officer will need to be appointed and what this role entails
- The new rules relating to notification and communication of security breaches
- The significantly increased levels of fines that can be levied under the GDPR
This course is also included in the following pack: Regulation compliance pack
Authored by: Keith Markham
Keith Markham qualified as a Solicitor in 2001 and now works as a freelance presenter of training courses.
CPD Points: 1.5
CPD Duration (hours): 1.5
Access: 12 months from purchase date