This course covers the general principles associated with internal audit. We take a look at the modern view of what internal audit is and the scope of its work linking into how internal audit ties into corporate governance and risk management within an entity. We then take a look at risk based auditing and put this into practice using case studies and worksheets.
On completion of this course, participants will have a greater understanding of:
- A modern view of what internal audit is and the scope of its work
- Key internal auditing standards
- Governance and how it ties into risk and control
- What Risk Based Internal Auditing (RBIA) means and the process of undertaking a Risk Based Internal Audit
- The importance of internal audit planning
- Fraud and how it relates to internal audit and controls
Authored By: Clare Evans
Clare Evans is a BPP Professional Qualification tutor. Clare trained as an external auditor at Grant Thornton before working as an internal auditor within the public sector, gaining a wealth of industry knowledge which she applies successfully to his teaching. Clare started out in BPP Leeds in 2006, but now primarily works for the Online Faculty at BPP.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date